Sunday 9 November 2014

The Pitfall of New Year Resolutions

Its the middle of November and everyone around me is beginning to look forward to 2015 and the decisions they are going to make in 2015 that will make that spectacular difference to their life. Every time I hear people say that, anger always rises up on the inside of me and I actually think such people are crazy. I gave up on new year resolutions a long time ago, before you crucify me, let me tell you why.

I suppose the question you should ask yourself is, how many of those new year resolutions have you actually adhered to? I've known many people who have become very frustrated with themselves because of their inability to keep up with their new year resolutions and that many people includes me.

I've come to see a far more excellent way than making new year resolutions and I have been able to make greater success and progress in many areas of my life. The question I asked myself one day was why put off something that I can do in November and improve my life in November till January the following year, I said to myself- Dolapo, you must be a mad person to do that. So one of the keys to progress is not to procrastinate in any way shape or form. Do not put off something you can do today to tomorrow.

The second important key is how you see your definition of today, the way you view the dawn of every single day. I see the rising of every morning as a day full of 24 hours of open windows of opportunities to improve or achieve better success in one area of my life. For me every minute counts. I therefore see the 1,440 minutes or 86,400 seconds of the day as open windows of opportunities. The point therefore is to make a resolution every new day that you are blessed with that you will choose to make decisions that would positively improve your life and I can guarantee you, you will soon move from a mediocre life to a life filled with success.

One of the most important things I also learnt in changing the way I viewed everyday was the fact that every next second, minute, hour or day was an opportunity to work on the failures that the previous second, minute, hour or day has brought my way. In essence I had an opportunity to get up and work on my mistakes and failures quicker. Mentally, I was able to rise up from my failures faster than I would have in the past because I changed the way I think.

Give up on new year resolutions, begin to make new second, new minute, new hour and new day resolution, you just would experience greater and better successes.

The LGP team.

No comments:

Post a Comment