Monday 15 September 2014

Knowledge is power

The one lesson I can boldly say that I have learnt as I work in various spheres of life, is the respect people who are experts in any field actually command.

When people want an opinion on any matter, they look for what we call a subject matter expert. For example, if I a pregnant woman needed information during pregnancy on matters concerning her pregnancy, she would seek out a gynaecologist. If you had problems with your car, you would not take it to a gynaecologist, you would take the car to mechanic. If you wanted to become a computer scientist, you would not go to college and enrol for Business and Finance. These examples are the simplest of examples. When you begin to dig deeper, people then begin to separate the wheat from the chaff. What do I mean by separating the wheat from the chaff? I mean people begin to separate mediocrity from excellence. If  a lot of people had their way, they would go to the best school there is to study a particular course or would take their car to the best garage there is to make sure they were getting the best education there is or their car was getting the best service there was.

When you venture into the working world, you get paid for what you know. The amount you get paid should be synonymous to what you are worth. What you are worth is judged by what you know.

Truth about life is you can never really excel beyond your level of knowledge. The application of the knowledge you know births wisdom. This wisdom that you have is what helps you to be a problem solver. 

When people begin to see that you have knowledge and wisdom, they would begin to sought after you thereby giving birth to power. All my life I have loved the scripture study to show thyself approved, I'll stop at the first line of that scripture. The same way victory as Christians would elude us if we do not study God's word is the same way when it comes to our chosen career paths in life, we would be without success if we do not begin to study to show ourselves approved in our chosen 
fields. The anchor scripture in life that God gave me as a young Christian was wisdom is the principal thing, therefore get wisdom and with all thy getting, get understanding. Honestly, this scripture did not make sense until I ventured into the corporate world and I began to be sought after because I always seem to have the answers because I applied myself to knowledge, to studying to show myself approved.

I recently read a book by Dale Carnegie titled the quick and easy way to effective speaking and one of the important keys he stated as being able to be a confident public speaker is having knowledge about the topic you want to speak about. You cannot confidently and effectively speak about a topic you know nothing about. This to me meant knowledge gives you power.

In life, you can not excel limitlessly if you are lazy about getting knowledge and wisdom, it applies both to spiritual things and natural things. So decide what side of the fence you want to be on. The sad thing I just realised is that those of us who are lazy in getting spiritual knowledge are also lazy acquiring physical knowledge.

Nobody pays for mediocrity, decide to live a limitless, excellent life today.

The LGP team.

No comments:

Post a Comment