Saturday 6 September 2014

You BE what you believe

All day today I could not shake of this statement. You BE what you believe. As I kep thinking about it, a lot of things kept playing through my head and I began to see that my life is actually a product of everything I have ever believed, both the negatives and the positives, uhm.....I am what I believed.

This statement actually made my soon to be two year old twin boys seem very fascinating to me this evening. As I watched them play, I saw two fearless, bold and confident toddlers that believed they could climb anything no matter how high or low and by the way that includes human beings. They will climb all over you to get to what or where they wanted to go without fear. The question, then occurred to me, when do kids loose the everything is possible attitude? As I watched them, I saw two people who did not think anything was impossible or out of their reach. It suddenly dawned on me that just as God said that unless we become as these little children, we shall not enter His kingdom, truth is that applies to His kingdom here on earth as well, if you want to enter into your promised land and be fruitful in life, you have to be like children, fearless and believing that all things are possible.

Funny enough, we all started out that way but somewhere along the line, LIFE happened and we began to allow circumstances dictate what we can achieve and for those who go about life fearlessly, we call them RISK TAKERS. Truth is fearlessness was what God had in mind when He said in Genesis that He had given us dominion. So people who fearlessly reach for their goals are not risk takers but are acting out the innate nature of having dominion.

As I pondered further, it struck me that it is easier to believe in negativity than in positivity. What negativity does is make you lazy. The fact that you believe it would not work out is enough to get your mind into the state of not wanting to bother trying and once your mind is in that state, your body begins to act that state out. Positivity on the other hand means you have to work hard and persevere but your mind has to believe that what you are reaching for is possible so your body would begin to act out your state of mind, suddenly the scripture Romans 12:2 springs to mind, we need to renew our minds to be able to reach for our goals.

I looked up the word BE in the dictionary. The word BE means to exist, occur, happen, materialise, arise, come about. They all point to the same thing, which is what we are.

Like I said, positivity is hard work but it is very possible. Have you ever wondered why anything you sincerely believe you can achieve eventually happens and anything you believe is out of reach always remains out of your reach. Truth is, if you really search yourself, you tend to apply yourself to things you believe you can achieve.

So I leave you with one challenge today, what is that one thing that you really want to achieve but somehow you have convinced yourself it is impossible, write that one thing down and begin to work on your mind first and come up with a plan on how to achieve that thing and trust God who says that with Him nothing is impossible to those who believe.

Come back and share your testimonials when you see results.

The LGP team.

No comments:

Post a Comment